Exhibiting in the county and state fair is an important highlight of a club member's 4-H experience. Weber County 4-H club members are eligible to exhibit in the Weber County Fair, which is held in August each year. Click here for the fair guidelines.
- Junior Livestock Show: FFA and 4-H youth must be in at least 3rd grade and 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year (October 1 - September 30) to be eligible to participate in a junior livestock project (beef, sheep or swine) and meet registration/tagging deadlines to show at the Weber County Fair. Click here for the Jr. Livestock guidelines.
- Fiesta 4-H Horse Show: 4-H youth must be in at least 3rd grade and 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year (October 1 - September 30) and be enrolled in the horse project to be eligible to participate in a 4-H horse project and meet registration deadlines to show at the Weber County Fair.
- Goat, Rabbit, Bucket Calf, Pigeon and Poultry Shows: The goat, rabbit, bucket calf, pigeon, and poultry shows are open shows, rather than 4-H shows. Youth interested in participating in these shows need to submit the entry form (see fair website at http://webercountyfair.org by the deadline announced.
- Indoor 4-H Exhibits (non animal exhibits): 4-H’ers in K-12 grades are eligible to enter indoor exhibits in the Weber County Fair.
- Cloverbud youth (youth in K-2 grades or younger than 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year) will receive participation ribbons only.
- The pre-entry deadline for 4-H indoor exhibits at the Weber County Fair is JULY 26, 2013.
- Leaders must pre-enter their club members exhibits online (using the link below), or if necessary, by submitting the pre-entry form to the Weber County 4-H office before 5:00 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE: ENTRIES THAT MISS THE JULY 26 PRE-ENTRY DEADLINE WILL BE DROPPED ONE RIBBON PLACING. LATE ENTRIES WILL ALSO FORFEIT THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE SELECTED FOR THE STATE FAIR.
2013 Key Dates for 4-H Indoor Exhibits:
- June 1: Deadline to be registered as a 4-H member to be eligible to enter indoor 4-H exhibits
- July 1: 4-H pre-entry of all 4-H indoor exhibits begins
- July 28: Deadline for pre-entry of all 4-H indoor exhibits
- August 5: Bring 4-H exhibits to the Exhibit Hall between 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- August 12: Pick up 4-H exhibits from the Weber County Fair between 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- August 28: Resubmit food items selected for state fair competition by 5:00 p.m. at 4-H office
- August 31: Deadline to redeem premium monies at the Premium Bank (inside the Golden Spike Event Center)
- September 4 - Submit 4-H garden exhibits for state fair competition between 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. at 4-H office
- September 17 - All state fair exhibits, ribbons and premiums must be picked up from the 4-H office by 5 p.m.
Weber County Fair - 4-H Indoor Exhibits
|Pre-entry (is now closed)|
|Instructions for Online Pre-entry|
|2013 4-H Indoor Exhibits Catalog|